||Diversion of fertilizer for not agriculture use
||Agriculture Department helping accused
||Sub: Complaint against the corrupt officials of Agriculture Department Team lead by Chief Agriculture Officer Ludhiana Sukhpal Singh Sekhon let off a person from whose commercial establishment (Chacha cattle Feed Jangpur, Distt. Ludhiana) a huge consignment of 155 bags of Paras Urea manufactured in Feb 2016 by Tata Chemicals Ltd.
Most humbly I would like to state as under:
1. That I am an Advocate by profession and journalist also publishing my own news weekly. I somehow got a tip that Sajjan Kumar Bansal, a Municipal Councilor of Municipal Council Mullanpur Dakha (Distt Ludhiana) PB. is involved in some cheating practices in food grains. I am also a active member of organization named Watchdog made to nab corrupt officials in government jobs etc.
2. That I came to know that Sajjan Kumar Bansal has lifted around 10000 damaged wheat from Punjab Agro Industries Corporation through tenders for his feed mill. The wheat so procured was to be used for manufacturing cattle feed in the feed mill itself which has purchased it. I was informed that the wheat never reached his godowns but was sold to dairy framers of Hebowal (LDH) and some flour mills of Mullanpur Dakha.
3. That I bought the information into the notice of Sh. Rakesh Bhaskar, DFSC Ludhiana West on 4-10-2016 at around 7:50 PM on his phone No. 9082600003. He assured that he will make a team to raid the premises of the Chacha cattle feed mill. On 6-10-206 around 1.30 PM, I got a call from Ms Naneet Kaur, AFSO Ludhiana from her phone No. 8146551259 and told me that her team will raid the premises on the instructions of DFSC Ludhiana West. Mr. Rakesh Bhaskar. She asked for my services to identify the location of the feed mill and the accused. at 3:15 we visited the feed factory with the team of Ms. Navneet Kaur accompanied by Ins. Pungrain Nirdosh Mattu and two other departmental officials.
4. That Sajjan Kumar Bansal was accompanied by Lucky Malhotra, a rice miller and Raja, a Rice Miller and, Shankar, another rice miller, Saurav Kaushal, Manager of Sajjan Kumar Bansal and one rther persons who objected to my presence in the feed factory. Ms. Navneet Kaur sent me out and inspected the premise of feed factory and adjoining godown for nearly an hour. while returning back around 4:15 AFSO told me that there was no wheat in the godowns and Sajjan Kumar Bansal refused to show her any documents of the feed factory and regarding the stocks of the feed factory I shot a video clip of the godown and I came to know that there was a huge haul of urea in the factory which is a suspicious stock in the feed mill.
5. That at 3:42 I rang up 88722-00567 of S. Sukhpal Singh Sekhon, Chief Agriculture officer Ludhiana and narrated the incident. He immediately made a raiding team comprised of Agriculture Officer Sudhar, Nirmal Singh, Agriculture Officer Ludhiana Narinder Singh Benipal, Distt. Agriculture Enforcement officer, Gurdeep Singh, ADO Dakha Harinder Singh Sandhu, ADO Sudhar Santosh Kumar and other officials. I called up at 94172-41473 of Cattle feed Inspector, S. Santokh Singh at 3:45 PM and took the number of Dy. Director, Cattle feed, S. Dilbagh Singh. I rang his number (98151-68220) many times but he did not picked up. I also sent detailed messages to SSP Ludhiana Rural (9872100016), DSP Dakha(85560-19104), DFSC Ludhiana, Dy Director Cattle feed Ludhiana, Chief Agriculture officer Ludhiana in detail and requested them to visit the feed factory to take stock of the situation.
6. That earlier we were told that the urea belonged to Mr. Naval Kishore Bhardwaj, Fertilizers dealer of Mullanpur (Vinayak Fertilizers), Later on we were told that the urea belonged the farmers of Jangpur village and lastly we were told that the urea belonged to the relative of Kuldeep Singh of Talwandi who is the sole owner of the feed mill. The Licence of Market Committee was shown as a evidence.
7. That though Kuldeep Singh claimed to be the proprietor of the Chacha Cattle Feed Mill, the details in Current A/c No. 0340002100012827 showed that Sajjan Kumar Bansal and Sukhdev Goyal of SKB Rice Mill Ghuman village, Distt. Ludhiana and a commission agent of Mullanpur are the only owners of the firm by the way of partnership. In this account it is Sajjan Kumar Bansal who issues the cheques with his own signs. The cheques of this account were given to market committee which made him defaulter when not honored.
8. That the raiding team of Agriculture department was pressurized on the spot on 6-10-2016 by local politicians near to CAO S Sukhpal Singh for hushing up the case. An offer of fat bribe was also made which seemed to have been accepted by the raiding team. Instead of calling the local police for registering the FIR for recovery of unauthorized subsidized urea from a commercial complex, the raiding team did nothing and went back home. The raiding team also did not drew samples of urea for analysis which is mandatory to do. The Team also did not marked the manufacturing date and batch No. details in the report intentionally to give the benefit to the urea supplier and the hoarders/commercial consumer.
9. That on 7-10-2016 also the team did no action. Not even lodged the complaint with police. On 8-10-2016 when I informed the CAO Sukhpal Singh that his officials has accepted Rs. 50000 as bribe, he immediately swing into action. But again he acted not to book the culprits but to save the culprits. He asked the team to lodge a request with SSP Jagraon for conducting the inquiry which was wrong. The inquiry could be initiated only after registering the inquiry. He also made a 5 member inquiry team to look into the matter. But the only action, the inquiry team took was to refuse to conduct inquiry as the matter was with police to conduct inquiry.
10. That today I came to know that the accused has either disposed off the urea or changed the urea with another consignment as the urea present there at the time of recovery which was never sold to the dealer but was bought here illegally. It is also stated that M/s Vinayak Fertilizers owned by Mr. Naval Kishore arranged this subsidized urea from a dealer of some other area to the feed mill owner mistakenly as the consignment was neem coated. Since the urea was bought illegally, Naval Kishore could not lift the urea to his godowns but used to dispose it off from the godown of Chahcha cattle Feed Mill.
11. I Sent SMS to the concerned officials of Agriculture department regarding the current situation but nobody took any action.
12. That in case the case be handled by the directorate of Agriculture, the case will reveal facts not only the corrupt practices of fertilizers dealers and individual but also the rampant corruption of the district team of agriculture department. You will also came to know how the district team is compelling the dealers to sell superiors fertilizers of their partners-cum-friends and how the dealers who refuse to obey their unjust orders are harassed. One such dealer has made up his mind to leave this trade. His samples were illegally failed, After passing of the samples, the department refused to open the seized stock of fertilizers. They even went to the extent of retaining his original licence till it become dead. The licence is still in their captivity.
13. The Central Government has formed a portal named Mobile Fertilizer Management System to eliminate the leakage of subsidized fertilizers for commercial use, but these corrupt officials of Agriculture department leaves no stone unturned to cause a financial loss to national exchequer.
Under these circumstances, It is requested that the case be probed thoroughly with cooperation of all the department. Only by this way one will be able t detect the frauds committed by this gang, the officials of Agriculture department, Department of food and supplies. In fact the all the three Sajjan Kumar Bansal, Kuldeep Singh and Sukhdev Goyal are partners in this establishment and thus in crimes.
Sir/madam, I do have still photographs and video clips of the site during raid and I could supply it to you during inquiry. Details of SMSes and phone calls made by me to concerned officials are attached.
Expecting prompt action
Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Advocate
8/237, Jagraon Road, Mandi Mullanpur,
Distt. Ludhiana (PB) 141101
Documentary evidence saught from Agriculture Department under RTI Actand will be submitted at a later stage
||view Action Remark